This video asks five frequently asked questions around performance management and MLR’s Training Director, Margot McCleary, offers viewers some valuable advice.
Video in summary:
1) What is the difference between appraisals and performance management?
Appraisals are like snapshots that summarise employees’ performance over a given time period. Performance management is best described using a 5 step process:
• Clarify role and performance standards – make expectations of the role clear
• Assess performance – does the employee’s performance exceed, meet or fall short of expectations?
• Review performance – conduct a mutual conversation with the employee to review performance
• Set performance objectives/goals – work with the employee to set performance targets for the following year
• Plan development – with the employee, plan with them how they will meet their objectives